Followers

Monday, May 16, 2016

Mixed Media Adventures


Good Monday Morning People (You know who you are ;o)  ) Pictures attached of two of my mixed media canvases.  The one on the bottom right  I did in a Finnabair class last December.  I flew down to Timaru and did the class at Artfull Crafts.  It was fantastic and something I had been wanting to get into for a long time but didn't know where to start. The lady in the photo is my Mum.  So now I felt I wanted to do one of my Husband's Mum too.  Both ladies died many years ago (see dates on the canvases) so quite an emotional journey making these.  I just finished the second one yesterday and I am happy with the finished result having had no guidance from anyone this time.  Just a beginner at this Mixed Media thing.  Only a few steps along the road but I am loving it.  I have learned a lovely saying( whilst watching many tutorials on line)  THERE ARE NO MISTAKES IN ART.  I am somewhat guilty of throwing away and starting over again but I am trying to incorporate the saying into my crafting life and turn mistakes into Happy Accidents :o) . Have a lovely week and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment