Followers

Friday, September 12, 2014

Loving this Stenciling


Good Friday Morning Everyone.  I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend.  It is a Very Special Friday in our household as our eldest Granddaughter, Ashleigh, turns 25 today.  She lives far away in Surfers Paradise but VERY happy to say she is staying here with us at the moment.  She is an AMAZING young woman and my world is SO much brighter for having her in it - especially when I can physically hug her.  The top card here is the card I made for her birthday.  Funny story -  I actually was making the lantern card for her and had only got the Let Your Light SHINE Through label to add when she arrived home unexpectedly last night.  She admired the card but said I like the dandelion one better.!!! WHAT.  At that stage the dandelion card was only white stencil paste on black card!!!  So what does a G'ma do???  Of course I got out my inks and sponges and coloured the dandelions, made a new tag, decided on pink and green for the card and sat until 11.30pm finishing it off so that it would be all ready for this morning!!!  All that aside I am loving working with my stencils and grunge stencil paste.  There is something very soothing and satisfying about dragging the paste through the stencils and seeing the result at the end of the sweep across. Then the big reveal, when you lift off the stencil, is exciting. Have to be patient then and wait for the paste to dry PROPERLY before starting to transform it with colour.  Try it.  I heartily recommend it.  Enjoy your weekend and thanks for looking on this Special Day in our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment