Followers

Monday, March 12, 2012

Decoupaged Toadstools

Told you I'd be back in a couple of ticks.  This little project takes time and patience.  It is a Barbara Grey and Clarity Stamps project so always expect something special when they are involved.  The time and effort are sooooooo worth the finished result - Believe me.  First picture shows the Clarity transparent stamp, on the unique Clarity acrylic handle, inked up and ready to go.  I can't recommend these handles enough.  They are SO comfortable to hold and I have NEVER dropped one over my work like I have with the regular acrylic blocks.  Go to http://www.claritystamp.co.uk/ and you will find a wonderful array of goodies there.  Back to the project.  Right  - inked up and ready to stamp.  Picture 2shows the image stamped 9 times because as you all know you need lots of layers for decoupage and a few extra in case of oopsies!  It also shows the Promarkers ready for colouring the images.  Have you tried Promarkers (or Copics)?  They are alcohol inks in marker form and are wonderful. The colours are kind of transparent and so it is possible to build up beautiful shading by overlaying one colour on top of another. (see the toadstool caps for a good example of that).  So I started colouring, and as I am hoping this will become a class, I wanted to make it clear and easy for participants to see just which bits to colour in and cut out for each layer of the decoupage. Hence picture 3 shows all seven layers and the complete image coloured.  It is certainly good brain exercise as well as a craft project!!  Having coloured in all the layers, cut out all the layers and mounted them one on top of the other you are ready to choose some yummy background paper and toning/contrasting cardstock  to create the finished card.  Do you recognise the style of card Ali?  Thanks for a geat idea. I love it.  Right that's me done for this afternoon.  Thanks for your regular visits even though there has been nothing to look at for quite some time.  Thanks for looking today and I hope you enjoyed your visit. 


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I so love this, what a awesom idea and certainly would be a amazing class to do.
    Just catching up on looking into what you have been doing.

    hugs
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure need a lesson in this, please visit Ali again and we could arrange a class.
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Doreen I am hoping to get up there in late May or early June before I head overseas.

    ReplyDelete