Followers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Twas the Night . . . .

Good Morning Everyone and I hope you are all fit and well as am I. A good post today (I think so anyway). It is my latest sample for a class in June and as you wil see it is a star book themed around the classic poem Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore. It is a real favourite of mine and I have used it for star books before and split the poem into 14 so that each of the 7 sections of the star are filled. This time I split the poem into 4 and put them into the first 2 sections and then I really had fun. Barbara Gray from Clarity Stamps is working her way through the poem drawing and making the poem into stamps in this beautiful way. She has been doing it since her children were little (they are now both at uni!!) and she is still only part way through (10 so far). So I stamped the 10 onto water colour paper, coloured them with water colour pencils, added glitter where necessary and then cut them out with one of my Nesties. This filled 5 of my sections and the other 2 were filled with the printed poem as I said earlier. The book pages are cut from 7 different, double sided, 12x12 scrapbook papers. The cover is bookboard covered with single sided scrapbook paper. The letters are Hippy Chic font cut through my Cuttlebug and a 3D St Nick to finish off the front. I opted for two lots of tying ribbons as I have found in the past the strain of tying the book open is a bit much for one. I am well pleased with the finished item and I hope the ladies who take my class will be pleased too. Thanks for looking today. It's back to household chores now I'm afraid :=(








Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous work as always, I know they will all have a fab time making this in class.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete