Followers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Feminine Frills

Hi again. I'm not quite so late tonight so that's good. I haven't done one of these corset cards for quite a while so it was nice to do this one. Once again the inspiration comes from my very favourite artist Barbara Gray. This card is on her DVD number 3 I think. The 'legs' of the model are the word FEMINE stamped twice, once in each direction - very clever font usage! The corset is stamped in conjunction with angelina fibres. The underneath layer (darker pink) I trimmed around the image close to the black line BUT left the fibre fringe at the bottom. The top layer (pale pink) I trimmed ALL around the image and then trimmed off the outside panel on each side. I laced the two parts together with linen thread, tied a tiny bow and twirled the ends. I then used super strong tape to stick the corset in place over the stamped words. I had sponged the dusky pink around the edges of the card before hand. I thought it lacked a little something when I had mounted it up but the gold peel craft corners fixed that I think. What do you think? We're hoping to do another coastal walk tomorrow but I think we'll be out of luck as the weather forecast isn't very flash. Still they have been known to get it wrong sometimes !!! Thanks for stopping by.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment