Followers

Monday, November 29, 2010

Kate's Card


Hi Everyone I hope you all had a great weekend. Here in Upper Hutt NZ it was absolutely glorious weather. I hope it continues on all through the summer months (even if I do have to go out and water my garden every night!!) Anyway, for me, it was a VERY hectic weekend - craft wise. I had two classes on Saturday where I taught two different types of box. In the morning we made the Secret Keeper Book (see September post Alison's Secret) and in the afternoon we made the Hexagon Box (see September post of same name). The classes went very well and everyone seemed to go home happy with their project. Yesterday we had a Christmas Card making afternoon with a group of keen ladies. We made 6 cards and a wee box and enjoyed a yummy afternoon tea to boot. Diane had made a  wee goodie bag for each of us too which was lovely of her. She is a very busy lady and it's not easy to find the time to put on such a lovely afternoon. Thanks Diane. Whilst I was at the Sister Act shop on Saturday I saw this gorgeous card, which Kate had made, and fell in love with it. Such a simple idea but soooo effective and pretty quick to make too. I bought my supplies on Saturday and I have made 7 in just over an hour this afternoon. (I ran out of reindeer then so my production line halted.) I also bought the lovely Santa Bell decoration at Sister Act. I try to buy a new Santa every year so it was just the right thing for me. So if you are looking for an idea for a gorgeous, quick card to make here it is! Get yourself down to Sister Act in Waikanae on the beautiful Kapiti Coast and see Kate for your supplies. You can buy yourself a Santa too whilst your there. Thanks Kate for such a cool idea and for having such lovely things in your shop. Right! Time for a drink and then back to the production line. Thanks for stopping by today.
P.S The silver line across the bottom of the card is a Happy Christmas Peel Off, but try as I might I couldn't get a decent piccie of it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment