Followers

Friday, December 17, 2010

Calendar for the New Year

Hello Everyone and welcome to the weekend - last one before Santa !!!  Here is another gift that I can tick off my TO DO list.  I have made calendars for family and friends for quite a long time now and it gets harder to come up with new ideas,  Usually I make my own calendar grid (on the computer) and then stamp and colour a picture on each page.  So I thought I'd try something completely different this year and here is the first one.  Vintage is my theme.  I've aged and distressed everything.  I got 12 vintage ephemera images from a disc I've had for ages, printed them onto cream card and punched  2 holes in the top after aging the edges.  I used 2 large press stud thingys to hold the pictures together and glued the back of the press stud thingys to the calendar cover.  Printed the calendar months on the computer and held them together with a mini bull-dog clip which I also glued to the calendar cover.  Then I used various embellishments from my stash to decorate.  I used my Cuttlebug and Hippy Chick die to cut the 2011 on the outside front and then dressed it up a bit with a flower from my stash.  I am very pleased with it.  Oh yes and I made the hinges with grungepaper which I coloured with dark brown ink.  I'm not too sure what is going on with my blog program but it doesn't seem to want to bring through all my photos (remember last night poor old snowman got lost along the way?)  Well tonight the 12 monthly pictures got left behind so they are following on.  Hope you like.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment