Followers

Monday, January 18, 2010

From My Files

Hi Everyone (Anyone) I don't think I'm going to get a creation finished today as I'm concentrating on the third and last dress alteration for Number 2 daughter and so I have chosen these two small cards from my photo files to show you. I created them with the Direct To Paper (DTP) technique. For those of who don't know it, you daub ink straight onto the card from the inkpad. For example I used a blue ink pad to 'draw' the mountains and a green ink pad to 'draw' the fields etc. Then I overstamped a few trees and my favourite flock of birds and there you have it. It is a bit daunting when you first try it but it's such fun. Give it a go. Work on spare paper first until you get up a bit of confidence. I've decided that's the key to success - CONFIDENCE. Don't be afraid - just go for it. What's the worst that could happen? - You make a mess and have to start over. So what?!!! It is fun and very satisfying and of course the more you practise the better you get. I find the best pads to use are Tim Holtz Distress Inks because they have a nice raised pad but others work too. Have a look at your ink pads and give it a go. Have fun and thanks for stopping by.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment