Followers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm On The Way Back

Well what a busy two weeks it's been.  Our overseas visitors were with us for a while and now they are touring both islands before returning to us on Feb 1.  Then I seemed to become very popular as our grandsonTrent (8) wanted to know if I could make him some new curtains for his bedroom.  They have recently moved house and the curtains in his room were PINK!!!!  He was being very brave about it he told me.  So I found some Lightening McQueen material (those of you looking who have sons or grandsons under the age of 10-ish will know who I am talking about) and made new curtains and a cushion cover to match.Then daughter number 2 found some bargains in a pre-loved shop which just needed a LITTLE!!!!! bit of altering to make them just right.  I have done the first one but still have two to go,  Add to that our two youngest grandchildren (Trent 8 and his sister Tayla 6 going on 26) are staying with us and you will begin to understand why I haven't had time to Blog.  Thanks for sticking with me!  I have looked in my sample box and photo files and brought out a few goodies to post until I get time to complete the current project on my desk.


This first one I made as a sympathy card for the family of a Samoan friend who died last year.  He had just been back to Samoa for a family reunion so I thought the view out to sea was appropriate. I did the colouring with sponged Adirondack ink picked up from ink pads.  They are my favourite ink pads! The red flowers on the trees are supposed to be pohutakawa flowers which we have in flower in NZ at this time of year.  Particularly in coastal districts.  The stamps are ISC (Innovative Stamp Creations) which are another favourite make of mine.  Take a look at their website.
Thanks for stopping by and I will try to be back on a regular basis now.  Ali I hope this satifies your need!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment