Followers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Only 49 Weeks To Go . . . . .




. . . . until CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! Get started on 2010 cards NOW!!!  Actually the real reason for these early Christmas cards is that I just got the stamps and we ALL know you just HAVE to use them straightaway now don't you?!!!  These lovely stamps are by Magenta and I came across them when I was searching the Web for the patchwork stamp (also by Magenta) used in my last post.  That was before Christmas but I didn't get around to ordering them at that time.  Between Christmas and New Year I got back to the task and was delighted that I hadn't ordered before Christmas as there was a 15% discount on all Christmas stamps.  Bonus!!! As I was purchasing the stamps from a UK supplier the discount paid for more than half of my postage costs!  Now that I like!  I really enjoyed myself last night and today colouring these images and then creating the cards.  My favourite is the mistletoe, poinsettia and holly card.  This stamp is mounted on a wooden block but the others are part of a re-mountable set. There are more stamps in the set and I will post cards made with the others when I have them.  The card with the trees on has a window in the front enabling you to view the trees in pots which are INSIDE the card.  I covered the front of the card with DSP which I thought reflected the stamp very well.  I embossed the front of the second card with my Cuttle Bug machine as you can see.  I punched scallop strips and mitred the corners to achieve a nice neat mat for my stamped image.  I hope you like them.  For those of you who have to return to work tomorrow (I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to) I hope you have a good week and thanks for stopping by.  Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment