Followers

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Hint of Autumn

 A couple of mornings this week have just had a hint of autumn about them I'm sorry to say. The days have still been beautiful though with high temperatures so maybe we still have a bit of summertime left yet. Anyway the cooler mornings led me to colour this little piece of artwork in autumn colours. I stamped one of my Stampscapes images onto Stampbord with archival ink and dried it off with my heatgun. I let it cool off before colouring it. I used my brush markers to scribble a patch of colour onto a tin lid. Then I used a fine, slightly damp paintbrush to pick up colour from the lid and paint the picture. If you haven't used Stampbord yet you are missing a treat. It is lovely to work on - soooo smooth. I bought mine overseas but you can get it here now so do a search on the 'Net for it. It comes in packets of pre-cut sizes. I have domino size pieces, one inch square pieces and the size I used here is ATC. This is a birthday card for a friend and the idea is that she can remove the artwork and frame it to enjoy long after her birthday is over. I hope you are all having a good day whatever you may be doing. If you're not feeling too well today then I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for stopping by.

I am going to enter this in the http://ooh-la-la-creationschallenges.blogspot.com/ challenge Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elaine and welcome to Ooh La La challenge blog, your card is beautiful and what a lovely idea for your friend a gift aswell as a card
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us I really hope you visit again
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete