Followers

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Butterfly Book

Hello Everyone I've been busy for a couple of days so no posting - Sorry.  Yesterday (Friday) my friend Di and I went on a long coastal walk.  It was a stunning day and we had a great time walking along the rocky shoreline of Cape Palliser at the southern end of the North Island of New Zealand.  It was quite windy - enough to make for spectacular waves breaking over the rocks but not enough to be unpleasant.  We took a picnic lunch and enjoyed the tranquility of the ocean waves as we ate our lunch.  How lucky are we to have that right on our back doorstep?  Anyway when I got home I spent the evening finishing off this little book. I have this thing (fettish?) about little books but I haven't made one for quite some time so I enjoyed doing this one.  It was an experiment really to see if it a possibility for a class.  Quite a simple exercise but I did have to hunt for embellishments.  I have a HUGE stash of embellishments (haven't we all?!!!) but they wern't any good really because they were too sticky uppy (3 dimensional is the correct term I think) and that was no good because I wanted my little book to close flat.  I resorted to computer generated sayings and punched elements like butterflies and flowers with a bit of glitter thrown in for good measure.  The basic book is a Kaisercraft MDF board kit which I painted and covered with scrapbook papers (also by Kaisercraft)  I do have flowers and ribbons to match the papers (bought by my daughter as a gift for me)  but as I said they too sticky uppy.  Maybe I'll try to create another project with the rest of the papers and use the flowers and ribbons on that.  Keep checking back to see if I manage to come up with something.  Thanks for visiting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment