Followers

Monday, March 8, 2010

Notelet Holder

Good Morning Everyone and I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I know I certainly did. On Saturday I taught my first classes of the New Year and what lovely ladies I had. The afternoon was the Patchwork Classes (remember I told you I was going to make them do the hard way and then be mean and show them the easier way?) Well they all coped extremely well and although it did take a considerable amount of concentration everyone went home pleased with their afternoons work. They loved the easier version too but said they were glad to have mastered the acetate (more difficult) version. Both methods give stunning results but quite different looks. The difficult method becomes easier the more you do of course and they breezed through the second card having learnt all the pitfalls on the first one. Anyway onto the new week and today's post. I found this little project on the Internet (of course), loved it and had to have a go. A cute little notelet holder with a pocket to hold 6 notelets on one side and a pocket to hold 6 envelopes on the other. How cool is that for a wee gift for a friend? With all those gorgeous papers out there the colour combinations are endless. The instructions said to use cardstock for the holder but I was afraid it wouldn't hold firm once it had the weight of the cards and envelopes in the pockets so I used lightweight chipboard. I knew that would be strong enough AND I like the 'grey' colour which takes distress inking sooooooo well. It also gives you a blank canvas to decorate to your hearts content without having to worry about clashing with the base colour. I made the roses on the front out of copier paper following one of the many tutorials out there at the moment (so many flowers, so little time). I used the Nestabilities Labels 1 through my Cuttlebug for the front. The flowers on the notelets were made using EK Success Retro Flower punches in medium and small. Add a bit of bling and ribbon and Hey Presto!! Right I'm off for my swim and Nifty Fifty Aquaerobics now. Thanks for dropping by.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment